We are the so-called “data controller” of your personal data (for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and are responsible for the lawfulness of what we do with your personal data.
We use Teamtailor to assist with our recruitment process (the “Service”). Teamtailor is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
1. Collection of personal data
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information provided by you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a job opening. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method. In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us;
- Information you provide when you use the Service or other communication tools to connect with our staff; and
- Information from third parties/other sources, such as Facebook, Linkedin and through other public sources, manually performed by our employees or automatically in the Service. Only data that is relevant for the recruitment process is collected and processed.
We may also process so called special categories of personal data about you, which can be considered sensitive, if you have chosen to provide us with such or if you have made such information publically available.
2. Purpose and lawfulness of processing
You may object to our processing of your personal data by managing your privacy settings in the Teamtailor Service, or by contacting us directly (refer to section “Contact”).
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a job opening for which you have applied;
- To consider your application in respect of other job openings;
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process; and
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information: obtained from other sources.
Personal data that is processed with the purpose of aggregated analysis or market research is always made unidentifiable. Such personal data cannot be used to identify you.
3. Sharing your personal data
The data that we collect from you and process using Teamtailor’s Services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Our sharing of personal data outside the EU/EEA requires certain legal ground under applicable data protection legislation. Where a country is regarded by the European Commission to be a country with adequate level of protection for personal data, this will be our legal ground. Otherwise there are three main types of legal ground on which that we may base such sharing. These are:
- that the transfer is necessary for our performance of the contract with you;
- that the transfer will be based on the standard data protection clauses for transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EU/EEA adopted by the European Commission (a copy of these standard data protection clauses can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/); and
- the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, where the transfer is made to the United States and the recipient is duly certified.
4. How long your personal data will be processed
We will retain the personal data we collect for a maximum of 24 months.
Your personal data will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- after 24 months;
- upon your deletion of your personal information via the Teamtailor Services; or
- after our receipt of a written request from you in accordance with the below (“Your rights”).
5. Your rights
According to the applicable data protection legislation, you have certain rights as a so-called “data subject”. Your rights include the following:
Right to access – You are entitled to access the personal data that we handle. You are also entitled to receive certain information about what we do with the personal data. Such information is provided in this document.
Right to rectification – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to correct inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to have your personal data erased. This is the so-called “right to be forgotten”.
Right to restriction of processing – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to restrict how we use your personal data.
Right to data portability – You are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from us.
Right to object – You are entitled to object to certain types of handling of personal data that we carry out. This applies to all our activities that are based on our “legitimate interest”.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all your personal data is processed with security in mind, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
For questions or further information about our handling of personal data, or for contact with us in other privacy matters, please use the following email address: email@example.com
For questions on your application, our open positions or other matters which is not related to privacy or your personal data, please use the following contact details: